The timeless elegance of marble tile floors can be seen in any room. Taking good care of them will allow them to last a lifetime. Below are some tips for caring for marble tile floors.
Dust with the cloth
Maintaining your floor by removing grit and dirt regularly will help it last longer. Dust mopping should be done using a natural, soft mop rather than with chemically treated pads. The dust mop should be cleaned after every use to prevent the dirt from reappearing.
Make use of mats and rugs
Area rugs or runners should be used in high traffic areas and at entry points and wiped before entry. So your beautiful marble tile floors will not be scratched by small rocks and other debris. Use a rug with a non-slip backing.
Warnings about vacuum cleaners
Use only brush attachments on your marble floor if you wish to vacuum it. Do not use plastic or metal attachments. Also, an upright vacuum should never be used on marble because the wheels and other pieces can damage the finish.
Stains can be removed quickly
While spills are inevitable, they don’t have to be a disaster as long as they’re wiped up quickly. Spills should not be wiped as they can spread the liquid to adjacent areas. Blot the area with a soft cloth and spray it with a mild dish soap solution. Then wipe the surface clean and dry thoroughly with a soft towel.
Marble surfaces for Kitchen & Bath
Kitchen and bath countertops are subjected to heavy use. Using marble doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be careful with spills, it means you should clean them up as quickly as possible. Follow these tips to keep your marble countertop looking good.
Rinse and dry after taking a shower. Marble is discolored or clouded by the ingredients in shampoos, conditioners, and body washes. Rinse the tiles with water after a shower and then dry them with a soft towel.
Soap Scum Removal. You might develop soap scum and cloudiness on your shower walls if you don’t rinse and dry them. Only use marble tile cleaners deemed safe for marble. Vinegar, commercial cleaners, bleach, ammonia, and scrubbing pads can damage the marble surface.
Backsplashes should be cleaned. They’re called backsplashes because food and drinks are often splattered on them. Splatters should be blotted with a pH-neutral dishwashing liquid.
Marble tiles surface for Shower and walls
Marble tiles can get a lot of abuse over the counter, in showers, and around bathtubs. Mold and mildew inhibitors and penetrating sealers are important for sealing these tiles. In addition, it is important that marble remains dry and clean. Find out how to best maintain marble wall tiles.
Immediately wipe up spills. Do not rub or wipe spills; blot immediately with a pH-neutral dish soap solution followed by warm water. Pat dry with a soft cloth.
Using commercial cleaners is never a good idea. Especially for marble countertops, you should never use commercial cleaners. Instead, make your cleaner by avoiding harsh chemicals, ammonia, bleach, acids, and anything gritty. Fill the spray bottle with warm water and add one tablespoon of gentle dish soap. After every meal, spray the counter with the cleaning solution and wipe it off with a damp, soft cloth. Use a dry towel afterward.
Marble cleaning PROS
- Floors should be dust mopped frequently with a soft cloth. The cloth should be a wash after every use.
- Surfaces should be cleaned with mild dish soap that has a pH neutral formula or with a marble cleaner that has a pH neutral formula.
- Clean, clear water should be used to rinse and dry the surface after washing.
- Spills should always be blotted, not wiped.
- Rugs and non-slip mats should be used to protect floor surfaces
Marble cleaning CONS
- If you need to use a cleaner that contains acids or harsh chemicals, use vinegar or lemon juice
- Cleaning marble surfaces with commercially available toilet cleaners, grout cleaners, or tub & tile cleaners is recommended.
- The combination of bleach and ammonia produces a deadly gas
- Never mix chemicals unless specifically instructed to do so by the directions
- Use metal or plastic vacuum cleaner attachments, and be mindful of the wheels on the vacuum.
- If they are worn or rough, they may damage the surface.