Table tennis is a great way to spend an afternoon with your family and friends, but there are also Health Benefits of Table Tennis. Unlike other sports that can cause injury or get in the way of someone’s social life, TableTennis offers mind-body stimulation while still low risk for injuries!
Top 5 Health Benefits of Table Tennis
- A high-quality game of table tennis can improve hand-eye coordination and enhance mental alertness. It also stimulates the brain, which increases your memory skills for things like math or chess!
- Due to the fast-paced nature of this sport, both gross and fine muscle movements are improved. Reflexes may also be enhanced by running as it requires an intense amount of energy from muscles which can improve one’s reflex time in a split second.
- There are plenty of ways to keep your joints healthy while playing table tennis. Not only is this sport great for people who suffer from knee or back problems, but it also takes away the need to twist ankles.
- Why go to the gym when you can play table tennis? It’s a fun and easy way to burn calories. The game of Table Tennis has been around for over 130 years, so it should be no surprise that this sport burns lots of extra energy compared to other exercise programs out there today.
- Table tennis is a fun and social sport that encourages people to #UnPlugNPlay. With our connected world, we often feel disconnected from each other in more ways than one; but with this game of ping pong, you get the chance for some bonding time.
- It is essential to stay balanced and change direction quickly for you to become a good table tennis player. The more practice, the better your sense of balance will evolve as well.
Table tennis is a low-impact sport that helps you build strength, speed and agility without risking severe injury. Over 100 million people play table tennis in the United States every year, but if they want to have all of the health benefits from an Olympic sport with no riskiness, it’s time for them to grab their paddle!